Microsoft Outlook is an email client that is widely used to send and receive emails by accessing Microsoft Exchange Server email. It also provides access to contact, email calendar, and task management features. Whereas, email signatures can make your messages look more professional and provide your contact information to others. However, writing your contact details every time can be time-consuming and tiresome. Now, we can easily set up our automatic signatures in Microsoft Outlook, which will add automatically to our emails.
How to Create an Email Signature in Outlook 2010, 2016, and 2019
1.Launch the Outlook app on your computer.
2.Click on the “File” option located in the Outlook menu bar.
3.Then click on “Options.”
4.Click on “Mail” in the “Outlook Options” dialog box.
5.Next, click on “Signatures.” This will display the “Signatures and Stationery” menu.
6.In the “Email Signature” tab, click on “New.”
7.Enter a name for your signature in the pop-up box and click “OK.”
Type your desired signature in the “Edit Signature” box. Your name, job title, company name, contact number, email address, and everything which you want to add to your signature can be added by following a few steps:
- Select a font type, size, color, and alignment.
- Insert a company logo, social media buttons, or other images by clicking on the “Image” icon to import a photo from your computer or hard drive.
- Insert a link by clicking on the “Hyperlink” icon (the one that looks like a globe with a chain).
- Insert a business card that you’ve set up in Outlook contacts by clicking on the “Business Card” icon.
- In the “Email Account” dropdown, select which email account you want to associate with your signature.
- In the “New Messages” dropdown, choose which email signature to attach to all new messages. Outlook will then automatically add the selected signature every time you create a new message.
- In the “Replies/Forwards” dropdown, choose which email signature to attach to emails that you reply to or forward to others.
Setting Up an Email Signature in Outlook for Mac:
- Launch Outlook on your Mac device.
- Navigate to the Preferences menu, which can be accessed through File > Preferences or Command + Comma keys.
- Click on Signatures.
- Choose the + sign, located near the Edit Signature window.
- Rename your signature by clicking on the signature name, which is named “Untitled” by default.
- Type the desired information in the Signature box.
- Customize your signature settings under the Choose default signature section. You can associate a signature with a specific email account or choose to display it in new messages or emails you reply to or forward to others.
- Click on the X button to save your changes.
- Create a new email to verify that your new signature appears at the bottom of the message. If not, click on Signatures in the Message tab of the New Email window and insert the signature you want to use manually.
How to set up your email signature on iOS and Android:
- First, download the Outlook app and sign in to your account.
- Once you’re logged in, tap the Outlook icon in the upper left corner. On iOS, the icon will display the first letter of your name.
- Look for the Settings gear icon, located at the bottom left of your screen, and tap it.
- Scroll down the options and find Signature. You will get the default options for your signature like “Get Outlook for Android” or “Get Outlook for iOS”, depending on the device you are using.
- Select Signature and erase the default message.
- Type in your name and contact information, and then tap the checkmark on Android to save your signature. On iOS, the changes will be saved automatically.
After setting up your email signature, you can check how your signature will appear by opening the new email.
How to add a signature in Outlook for Windows:
Adding Your Signature in Outlook for Windows Adding a signature to your Outlook emails is a simple process. The steps may vary slightly as it depends upon the version you are using.
- In Outlook 2019, 2016, and 2010, click on File > Options > Mail > Signatures.
- For Outlook 2007, go to Tools > Options > Mail Format > Signatures.
- The steps for using the web app or Outlook for Mac may be different.
How to Manually Add Your Signature to a New Email Message:
If you have created a signature but have not chosen to automatically add then you should follow these steps. By manually adding your signature, you can ensure that it is included in specific emails as needed.
- Open your email mailbox and select “New message”.
- Type your message.
- Click on “More actions” and choose “Insert signature” at the bottom of the compose pane.
- Review your email message and click “Send” when you’re ready to send it.
How to add a logo or Image to your email:
Adding a logo or image to your email signature can make it look more professional and personalized.
Here’s how you can do it in Outlook:
- Open a new message and go to Signature > Signatures.
- From the Select signature to edit box, choose the signature you want to add the logo or image to.
- Click the Image icon (Insert an image from your device icon) and select the image file you want to use.
- To resize the image, right-click on it and select Picture. Go to the Size tab and use the options to adjust the size. To maintain the proportions of the image, ensure that the Lock aspect ratio checkbox is selected.
- Once you’re done, click OK and then OK again to save the changes to your signature.
How to Edit an Email Signature in Outlook:
To update your email signature in Outlook, follow these steps:
- Open Outlook and click on the File tab.
- Select Options and then click on Mail.
- Choose Signatures and click on the signature you want to edit.
- Make the necessary changes to your signature in the Edit signature box.
- Click Save and then click OK to save your updated signature.
Need help with Outlook.com?
Click the Outlook.com help icon on the menu bar or click here to access the support page.
Enter your query in the search bar provided and go through the self-help options to resolve the issue.
If the self-help options don’t help, scroll down to the “Still need help?” section and select “Yes” to get in touch with a support agent.
To contact the support team, sign in to your Outlook.com account.
The ability to communicate effectively via email is crucial for our professionals. You can quickly build up an email signature with your contact information, business information, and other pertinent information using Microsoft Outlook. One can easily set up the email signature in Outlook on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android by following up this guide. You can make a distinctive and expert email signature by following the above steps that add a touch of personality to your emails and save you time by eliminating the need to write your contact information every time you send one. A logo or image can also help your signature stand out and create a lasting impact on your recipients.